Home

Reviews

About Me

Maybelline Volume'Express Mascara Big Eyes

by - 1/20/2016 02:47:00 PM

I think this Maybelline mascara is famous. There are two types, the falsies (black-purple tube), and this waterproof (all black) type, maybe. That's just from what I have searched about. Actually, I don't need anymore mascara since I have 3 of them and really like it. But I'm interested in the lower lash mascara because it's very small & thin. I grabbed this one because it's the only Big Eyes mascara I found. I couldn't find the purple tube in about 3 places.


Uh, I don't need to write a long sentence for a mascara, right? I never interested to try various type mascara and only need what I found good. But this one is really famous in reviews and tutorials. The one I grabbed is the waterproof type and to volumized. I don't think there is a long type for it. Correct me if I'm wrong.


Upper lashes mascara. It is a volumized type of mascara so the wand is fat like this.

And this one is lower lashes mascara. Because the tube will be very short after I opened each cap, I don't feel comfortable handling it.

And this picture decribed my changes of lashes upon wearing this mascara. It is really waterproof, but not making longer lashes.

Curled eyelashes with Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler on above picture. See? Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is very good. And it has stayed with me for 6 months now without changing the rubber. I could use this for a long time. Using Maybelline Volum'Express Mascara Big Eyes below. It doesn't lenghtening my lashes, but gives volume.

From the picture above, you can see that it really gives volume to my lashes. Sadly, not making a big impact. It doesn't create longer lashes as my Canmake GOKUBUTO Mascara, which also a volumized type but can lenghtening it too. And despite it is waterproof, I don't have any problem erasing with my Bifesta. My KATE Black Feather Lash is harder to be erased with any of makeup remover. Maybelline Volume'Express Big Eyes have this artificial smell, a bit annoying but I can bear it because my KATE also has similar smell, although softer. And the lower lash wand is also easy to use, doesn't give me clump lash too. I think I like the lower lash mascara more than the upper lash mascara.

See? From afar, it doesn't have big impact on my eyes. Although I like it because it doesn't give me clumpy lash and easy to brush my lashes with it. PS: Old photo without bangs.

New photo. Cut my hair and bangs. Which one suit me best? I think the hair isn't too short so there's not much difference. But does bangs still suit me?


My thoughts for Maybelline Volume'Express Mascara Big Eyes:
+ The wand and the formula is easy to use without making clumpy lashes.
+ Volumizing lashes but not over-sticky.
+ The lower lash wand is very small & thin, suit under lashes very much.
+ Doesn't take long to wear it because it is easy to use.
+ Gives natural effect lashes that I want.
+ Even though it's waterproof, this mascara is easy to removed. Though must using makeup remover.
- The smell is sucks. I don't like it.
- The handle tube will be very short after opening the cap. It's not easy to grab it.
- A bit expensive for drugstore mascara.

Overall, this mascara is so-so. I like the lower lashes mascara and might repurchase just for it. But the upper lash mascara is not helping me with great impact.



You May Also Like

0 Comments